The countdown has begun!
Are you scurrying through your closets to find the perfect outfit for that Christmas House Party?
I think one of the biggest confusions that come with house parties is, should I be dressed up? or should I keep it casual?
But let me tell you one thing, “It is always better to be overdressed!”
Step 1: Go for red
If there is one color that is apt for this festive occasion it is RED! This color can make even a relatively plain dress pattern look dressy and glamorous, so the first thing I would advise you to do is pick a red dress.
I’m wearing a cutesy red number from Anthropologie, you can buy it here.
- If your lower body is wider than your upper body, pick dresses that emphasize your waist and arms. Play with necklines, be it sweetheart, scoop neck or even a plunging neck, these will work in your favor.
- Wide shoulders and narrower hips call for attention on the neck + waist. Throw in a statement neckpiece on a strapless dress, or a belt to cinch that waist in and give the illusion of a fuller waist.
- Waist, hip and shoulders the same width? Create curves for yourself. The best way to do it is using belts, and layers.
- For women with a fuller rounded torso with a minimal waistline, it is important that you elongate your figure. A-line and empire dresses are your best friends. Keep them close!
- If your shoulders and hips are in the same proportion complimented by a narrow waist, show off your curves my friend! A-line or wrap dresses will work immaculately with your figure. Don’t wear anything baggy, ever!
Step 2: Pick Killer Accessories
Now when you think accessories, think – Latest Trends!
The best way to actually look like you’re on par with the current trends is to accessories like it. I’m sporting a circle bag from Halogen! The black is sold out, you can get one in Taupe, here.
Also a wide-belt is another great accessory that you can wear on most dresses, so investing in one is wise.
Step 3: Boot it up
So what if it’s a house party? Go for boots to make your look more Runway worthy!
The best part is, most people might ditch it so you can take advantage of an ultra-glam look. You can buy the boots I’m sporting, here.
I’ve also curated some more options for you below.
Inspiration: Love the classic combination of Black on Red!
Hope you enjoyed Look 2 of my Runway Miracle series.
I am so excited to see the outfit ideas that you all are going to come up with for your Christmas parties.
Use #RunwayMiracle on Instagram so I can see them – consider it a Christmas gift from you to me!