I’m going to be really honest with you here.
The past few weeks have been exhausting. I’m generally a person who looks for the positivity in everything, but this whole pandemic got me beat too!
I started questioning a lot of things, anxiety went from bad to worse, and soon there was a time when I said to myself enough!
This whole wallowing in self-pity was not doing me any good, and if you’ve been here and are feeling the same, then I think I have something that will be really helpful.
This past week I participated in a Moon Meditation session with Payal Mukherjee Singh.
It was a full moon release process, sharing more information with you below.
The Full Moon represents the most powerful point in the lunar cycle. It is a time of high energy and high power and is a time to release and let go of all that no longer serves you, in order to welcome in the new.
- 2 white sheets of paper
- Bowl of water
- A glass bottle filled with drinking water for moonlight charging
- A bowl or vessel with some water to burn the paper and a matchbox
This is the process that we needed to follow:
- You can sit by the window in the evening when the moon is out and through the window if you can see the moon and do the meditation that would be great.
- You need to put the glass bottle filled with drinking water for moonlight charging by the window
- You need to write down the names of the people that you want to forgive. You can include yourself, anybody from your childhood until today, each and every person who comes to your mind for whom you might be harboring resentment or a grudge.
- Once you’re done with the list, you need to spend some time meditating on it and then burn it. (Disclaimer – Make sure you’re burning it in a safe space. If it is a fire hazard, you can choose to tear the paper into pieces and throw it away. It’s the symbolic ritual of letting go of your resentment that matters.)
- Take another page and on this, you need to write down everything you have gratitude for.
- Take a glass of water, and place it on the gratitude list you just wrote. After a few hours, you need to drink the water that’s charged up with gratitude.
- The saltwater that was left to charge in the moonlight, can be used later by you to take a shower with that.
While this is the entire process, I suggest you follow Payal Mukherjee Singh on Instagram to stay posted about Full Moon Meditation sessions that will happen in the future, you can find her here: @payalmukherjeesingh
I also found another one on YouTube, if you want to see how it works: Full Moon Release Ritual
For me, the whole process was more about letting go of all the negativity that I was piling on to myself! The very physical act of writing down the names of people, and burning the list, made me feel light-hearted.
In a time where we are surrounded by negativity constantly, and with every passing day, more of it is being pushed down on us, letting yourself breathe and being grateful for what you have can be a powerful tool.
If you’re feeling mentally or physically drained out, look within darlings, fix what’s going on in that beautiful mind of yours.
Going inwards is the only way to move forward.
Set the mood with Scented Candles