Look what’s back? Vinyl Pants.
Last week I showed you how you can get an ALL BOLD & BEAUTIFUL look with vinyl pants and a fur coat. If you missed the blog, go check it out, here.
But then I thought… I’ve shown you how to carry off a high-on fashion look, but what about something casual for days you just want to chill out?
That’s why I’m bringing you the second edition of Vinyl pants. I’ve got the edition 3 coming soon, so stay posted for that.
Step 1: Go for Vinyl
I’ve said it before and I’m saying it again. This material is here to stay for a while, so investing in it to ensure you’re right on trend is essential.
One thing is for sure, the shine effect that vinyl gives you, it’s hard to find.
Step 2: Pick a Tee
With statement pants like these if you want to keep your look casual, opt for a tee that is simple. I’ve picked a white-tee (a definite closet essential). If you want to ditch the SIMPLE and go for a top that is casual but not overtly dramatic. You can check these options.
Ruffle Top – Vinyl is edgy and bold, ruffles come with a dose of femininity – It works for pear shaped and hourglass shaped women!
- J.Crew Ruffle Stripe Shirt, love the menswear inspired stripes
- This crisp cotton Pleat Ruffle Wrap Top juxtaposed against the vinyl pants will be a rocking combination
- Flowy arm patterns of the We The Free On Rewind Layering Top will add a flirty vibe to the look and also volume, that is necessary when you’re pulling off a skinny pants.
- Love the playful excessive ruffles on this one.
Classic Black Jumper – There is a rule of thumb when it comes to fashion, “When in doubt, go black”. So if you’re having issues matching your set of vinyl pants with a top that will complement, go for a classic black jumper that will tone down the overall look and can very easily pass for a go-to casual outfit. A black jumper is also a universal style that will work with any body type.
- The classic black pullover for the grab-and-go look!
- Color blocking is good if you’re going for an all-black outfit, which is why I love the sleeves on this Crystal Cuff pullover.
Crop Top – For those of you who have an athletic or a rectangular figure, a crop top with vinyl pants is always a good idea.
- Circle lace crop tank is a cutesy number that will work well with the pants.
- I’m a huge fan of crop tops with over-emphasized sleeves and this one just works right for the vinyl pants. The trick is to add volume!
- Fangirling over this cropped camisole from Kendall + Kylie! It will go well with the pants.
Step 3: Add a Layer
I cannot emphasize the importance of layering enough. It instantly lifts the mood of any outfit you’re trying to put together. I’ve picked a white shimmery maxi vest number from Free People. The interesting thing about this maxi vest is that it’s made for women of any body shape. Definitely a flexible piece you should buy.
That’s it from me now darlings!
I’m going to go back to the drawing board to cook up some new style stories for you – What are the special ingredients you ask?
- A pinch of style
- A dash of creativity
- And a slice of methodical madness… 😉