Happy December Darlings!
It’s the happiest time of the year, is it not?
You know if you strip off all the superficial things that the Holidays are about like the decorations, the sweets and the gifts what it really is about is LOVE.
It’s about spending some quality time with the people in your life that make it truly worth living.
To celebrate these unique relationships this holiday season I’m bringing you ‘Holiday Happy Hours’ – a series that ensures I give my favorite buddies the much-needed attention and also makes sure you can organize your very own Holiday Happy Hours too!
First order of business was to spend some time baking with my cousin, Lavanya from The Cupcake Closet.
This is something that we love doing together, it’s in these hours that we forget our deadlines and worries and instead focus on creating something beautiful.
To add a hint of sweetness to the already sweet, sweet month, we’re baking chocolate fudge brownies!
Sharing the recipe with you, so you can indulge yourself and your best buddy too!
CHOCOLATE FUDGE BROWNIE WITH FRESH STRAWBERRIES
1 cup – Unsalted softened butter
1.5 tbsp – Vegetable oil
2 cups – Caster sugar
1 tbsp – Vanilla extract
4 – Eggs
1 cup – Cake flour
1 cup – Dutch-processed cocoa powder
A pinch – Salt
Chocolate chips/ chunks – Topping
Marshmallows – Topping
Fudge – Ingredients
1 part – Heavy whipping cream
2 part – Valrhona 64% (Manjari) or any bitter-sweet dark chocolate.
50 g – Butter
(The measurements are given in parts so that you can put the frosting accordingly if you want less frosting 150 g – Heavy cream and 300 g of chocolate would be an ideal combination)
1. Preheat oven to 170•C or 325• F
2. Grease a 16-inch pan with butter or oil. Line with parchment.
3. In a steel bowl, add butter, oil and gradually add sugar to it, whisking continuously till it’s light and fluffy.
4. Then add in the eggs one by one till the mixture is lighter. Do not over-mix.
5. Sift together flour, salt, and cocoa powder and then gently fold it into the egg mixture. Do not over-fold.
6. Now, pour in the mixture into the prepared pan and even out the top.
7. Scatter 10-12 marshmallows on the top and push them into the mix. You can also add a few chocolate chunks/chips.
8. Bake for 40 minutes or till the center is not jiggly. If you test with a skewer it will come out dirty for a fudgy texture.
9. Once done, let it cool at room temperature.
Fudge frosting – Method
1. Bring the heavy whipping cream to a boil
2. Remove from heat and add in chocolate pistols and combine till smooth and fully incorporated.
3. If chocolate doesn’t melt in fully, put the pot back on low heat and combine.
4. Get off heat and add in the butter.
5. Let it cool.
6. Freeze for half an hour till it’s chilled.
7. Then whip it using a hand mixer or kitchen aid till its creamy and increases in volume.
1. Now, gently unmold the brownie, flip it and remove the parchment facing the even side on top.
2. Use an offset spatula to evenly spread the chocolate frosting on top accordingly.
3. Finally, chop some strawberries and place them onto the frosting!
4. Chill and eat!
Baking is definitely better when you do it with a bestie, don’t you think?
So how about this, I’m treating you and your friend to a $50 Amazon Gift Card that you can use to spend some Holiday Happy Hours creating something delish!
Check out my latest Instagram post to participate NOW, right HERE.